TIMBER-ALU CURTAIN WALL
NOVUS is innovative timber-aluminium facade system for maximum freedom in the design of glazed timber-aluminium curtain walls. Slim uniform profile lines allow for maximum light to enter the building. This system has very good thermal values and sound isolation. The heat conductivity coefficient up to 1.1 W/m2K can be reached.
All the requirements for curtain wall construction are achievable with this system. Exposed wood on the inside creates a comfortable ambiance. Outside the aluminium profiles protect the timber structure against all climatic effects. The system is of the highest technical quality and easy to install.
The curtain-wall elements are not operable but striking and uniform curtain-wall can be created as operable units can be integrated into our NOVUS curtain-wall system – windows, doors, lift & slide, parallel slide doors, folding doors. Timber frames can be coated with paints or transparent lacquers.
COMPONENTS AND ADVANTAGES
- 60 mm laminated timber frame made from the selected engineered timber – pine, larch, oak, mahogany etc.;
- 24 mm – 48 mm wide glass unit, selected according to the curtain-wall construction;
- Aluminium profile that supports the glass unit from the exterior is resistant to temperature fluctuations and has long lasting colour;
- Optional warm edge spacers Swisspacer, TGI or Thermix;
- Wide palette of lacquers and RAL palette of paints allows the customer to obtain the desired colour effect while at the same time preserving the natural beauty and warmth of woo;
- Exterior aluminium profiles can be painted with any colour from RAL or NCS colour palette, anodized aluminium options;
- Laminated wood supporting construction of the curtain-wall is in the interior of the building; it acts as a wooden rafter design feature within the building;
- The weight of glass unit is held by special boards joined with the main frame.